Friday, May 24, 2013

ER Scare

Yesterday Connor wanted to go play at the park, so we went around 5pm before we went to Mammaw Sue's house for dinner. He was playing and I was thinking how much he has grown. He could climb all over the place, and then I heard something hit the ground. I saw that it was Connor, and couldn't get to him fast enough. I was wanting him to get up, but he didn't. Finally, I picked him up and he was white as a ghost with blue tinged lips. I said, "Connor, breathe," he said, "I can't". It had knocked the breath out of him. He finally started to cry and I was relieved. After about 10 minutes, I finally got him to calm down. I took him over to the ladder he fell off of and asked him to show me what happened. He was about 5 feet up and said he looked down and his feet weren't that far from the ground, so he decided to let go. Well, instead of his feet hitting the ground, they hit the lower latter steps and it threw him on his back. I wasn't sure if he hit his head or not. Justin said to just watch him for headache or bruises behind his ears. He did fine last night, but woke up around 3:30am very restless and moaning with his head hurting. Justin said to get him to the ER and have him checked out. The ER was wonderful. They did a CT scan and said they saw no bleeding or fracture. Thank you Lord!! My wonderful boss let me off for the day and we went home and rested. Connor slept until noon. Needless to say, we will not be going to that particular park for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment